View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I was started on Lipitor at nearly the same time as acquiring RSI- repetitive strain injury/s -ongoing upper body muscle pain.

After a year of not much progress with the RSI {evolved into TOS?}
and various other odd symptoms -I looked up info about statins on many alternative and wellness websites.

A few things happened at about the same time frame- I decide to go off Lipitor as I was going to have to pay 129.00 a month, I wondered if some of my muscle pain and odd sx were caused by the Lipitor, my gramma had 300+ cholesterol and lived to be 93.
But on the flip side she did have total Alzheimer's for many yrs before she died. But no heart problems!
So one of my questions is - can high cholesterol have an effect in the brain - ie Alzheimer's??

So anyway about the same time of going off Lipitor I also had found a very good chiropractor and an advanced PT guy- both were of great help for my RSI/TOS as I call it now.

I began to have much less pain and sx and also the odd sx faded away- so I can't say for sure if it was just from going off the statin or from the better PT and chiro care. Most likely a combination of both.