View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimac View Post
All your responses are greatly appreciated and thanks for the introductions!

As to confirm some of your speculations: I wouldn't label myself as ever being under the influence of TBI. I've only been self diagnosed of having a concussion as a kid due to the fact I was having a severe headache straight after a hard fall, though lasting only a couple of hours. Hence I believe it is a requirement to have symptoms of PCS before you're at risk of a TBI?

I read somewhere that a direct impact increases the odds of receiving a concussion by up to 50 times? Opposed to a indirect impact (rotation etc?). Anyways is there a difference in terms of shaking and rotating the head? Because yeah, I do kind of fear that my sudden rapid head rotation could cause tearing of axons? What mostly is bothering me is if we are able to produce the same force with our neck muscles as in a vehicle accident

Some claim you need to have the force equivalent of breaking/snapping your neck before a concussion can occur, this is with whiplash though.
PCS is the persistence of concussion symptoms, after the period when, all things being equal, most patients are recovered. Most people who suffer a TBI do not go on to be diagnosed with PCS. PCS is a TBI complication.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-07-2015)