View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 01:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default That's Awful!

I had my Lidocane Infusion from the 17th-22nd and wasn't release until Sunday morning on the 23rd. During that time my monthly prescription for oxycodone was due to be refilled. I've been on it for a little over a year. Right before the infusion I had been to rapidly be taken off of my Methadone, as it can have a bad interaction with the Lidocaine, like my heart could stop..lol. Since it was such a rapid stop we had to replace it with a higher dose of oxycodone, which is really only 20mgs 4 times a day. Not that much compared to what some people are on as a chronic pain patient.
Anyways when I was released my doctor wrote a new persciption, which was an increased dosage from my old one. After I dropped it off, I got a call from the pharmacist, who first said it couldn't be filled without a pre-approval from my insurance company. Well it was a Sunday and they were closed, and I had 0 medication left to take! My doctor said it was extremely important to take it, not only for pain, but to prevent withdrawals that would flare my Crps. Then he said he could do a "emergency override" and get 90 pills filled instead of the 240 my doctor wanted filled. I said to do it. Then I got a call right back saying that it still wouldn't process!! Turns out that my insurance company, within the week I was in the hospital, stopped covering the medication completely!!!! He couldn't find my medication on the covered medications list at all!! So then I had to call my doctor's office and hope I could get through to my doctor on a Sunday!! God had to be looking out for me because she happened to be the On Call doctor! She was livid that the insurance company did this. She was Amazing! And personally went to the pharmacy and wrote a prescription for a new medication, which is still oxycodone but had to have the Tylenol in it...... Ridiculous!!
So I know exactly what you're going through!
CALL your doctors office! Hopefully they will find a way to get you something else that would at very least keep you from going into withdrawals, and help you with your pain! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this too! It's so ridiculously unnecessary!!! How do they think they have any say over what a DOCTOR has ordered?! Makes me so mad!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote