View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
My reference to 2006 is purely to let people know I've been in this fight for almost 9 years, I did fill out the paper work for federal court alone, but I was overwhelmed, so it was dismissed without predjudice. My focus is on 2009, even 2010 if it could end this nightmare. Do you think a new attorney would take me after this ALJ denial, and would I be starting from scratch?
If you do have a severe mental impairment, that by definition makes it difficult, if not impossible, for you to successfully navigate SS's rules and regulations on your own behalf. You have needed BOTH an advocate and a better attorney for many years. So, I can understand you being overwhelmed with the process and allowing it to lapse, but the delays that caused was not Social Security's fault. You frequently imply that your case has been grossly mishandled by SS because of the 9 years it's taken to process your claim, which is disingenuous IMO.

It seems bizarre to me that your attorney has never suggested you have a neuropsych evaluation. By starting the process over with a second application, they had an incentive to delay the process while you once again accumulated potential back pay.

An attorney/s would need to evaluate your case. I have no idea what your last appeal from your first application even covered, and why the AC denied you. You choose to ignore many of the questions I, and others ask, which is fine, but it makes it impossible to answer you with even an uneducated guess.

Take a look at your current Alleged Onset Date. Did you turn 55 within six months of that date? You can pm me both dates if you want me to figure it out for you.

I'm not sure what you mean about starting from scratch? If you could find an attorney willing to represent you, they would attempt to file a Federal Court case on your behalf.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote