View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I am not advocating the following. I am merely indicating my experience. I am seeking anyone else's experience.
I have used Coconut Oil and found no benefit. I recently tried MCT Oil sold by NOW. It is a natural pure concentrated Coconut and Palm Oil. It purports to enhance energy. I tried one tablespoon twice during the day. I got surprising benefits. I am on Carbidopa-Levodopa 25-100 12 pills a day. The pills work adequately until 1PM. I start shuffeling when I walk and the pills are less effective the rest of the day and I have little energy. Yesterday I took 1 TBSP of MCT at 1PM another around 6PM. I walked without shuffeling, had more energy and the MCT seemed to enhance the Carbidopa-Levodopa. This is only one day and I am not advocating anyone try it but I am asking if anyone else has tried it and what they experienced.
I am currently taking Nature's Way coconut oil, which has 62% MCT oil. Other than having more energy, I haven't noticed any other benefits yet. I also am on CL 25-100, but take 3 pills a day. Just ordered the MCT oil by NOW and will start taking it once it arrives. Will post any changes I experience.
Camt68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (12-01-2014), Betsy859 (12-14-2014), Thelma (01-13-2015)