Thread: Joining in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 09:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Hi Grace,

I have a lot of tingling and numbness due to spinal cord damage. However, mine tends to be more generalized: my whole foot, as opposed to an individual toe. An exception to that are my shock like pains, which tend to be very specific. Sometimes it feels like a lightening bolt is shooting out of my index finger.

Speaking of feeling things, have you been tested for your sensitivity to pain and temperature?

There is a simple way that SOMETIMES helps identify if issues are related to neck instability: put on a cervical collar and see if the symptoms abate. Be mindful, however, to never wear a collar for an extend period, as this can lead to muscle atrophy and make matters even worse.
Hi all,
I apologize in advance for not remembering all the questions. That is one of my cognitive side-effects. The Epley maneuvers last week (serial) were exhausting, and resulted in new (transient?) triggers, so the jury is still out on that.

The foot numbness is rather disconcerting- the fall was really a cascade of events and I don't recall any significant impact on my lower back. My neck pain seems to be descending- if that is possible. Major knots in my upper back now. Maybe it is working its way out? No meds for any of this.

I have gaze-tracking issues (= visual convergency?) which we are working on.
Left side motor skills deficit. Scary. Have homework for that.
Nystagmus is definitely provoked by postion.

I have not had any temperature/pain tests yet.

Need to attend to college financial aid applications, so need to sign off.
Take care.
Grace
_Grace_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote