View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 10:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

So I saw the other ENT for a second opinion, who focuses more on surgery, about 2 weeks ago as recommended by the last lady I saw. This ENT said that I definitely have a problem and am likely heading towards surgery. I asked him what he thought I had and he said he didn't know but that my MRI scan shows possible evidence of an oral-antral fistula. I then asked him if he thought it was my gum or my sinus which needed to be focused on. He wants to do an endoscopy on my left maxillary sinus (the one affected) pretty soon. He said he wants to go in and clean it out and see if that fixes the problem and if it doesn't he will have to get an oral surgeon involved. I guess it also allows him to look inside my sinus with a camera.

Do you guys think proceeding with the endoscopy is a good idea? So far it seems like my best route. I was wondering why they don't proceed to just open up my gum, but I guess there is no obvious fistula so they don't want to go that far just yet. What do you guys think?
frostyjohn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote