View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Frustrations with Neuro-Ophthalmologist

Let me start by saying that I thought that seeing a neuro-ophthalmologist would be a turning point for me, based on discussions with the brain clinic and OT.

Boy was I wrong. Appointment seemed like the biggest waste of time. Spent 3 hours waiting to be seen by someone before dr, he asked some questions and focused only on the 2 times I lost my vision due to stress. Said it was a type of migraine headache, except my head never hurt when this happened.

Didn't even discuss any of the other problems that I have with tracking, focus, double vision, depth perception, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, aching/tired eyes, etc.

They did less testing than the regular ophthalmologist that referred me did. Told me everything was fine.

Frustrated as both brain clinic and OT said that I would likely need additional glasses (i've always been an eye glass wearer) for working at the computer, driving, nighttime, etc.

Before TBI I would spend 8-12 hours a day at the computer, now I am lucky to spend that over the course of 2-3 weeks. Just sitting here typing this is giving me a horrible headache.

Anyone have any experience or advice? Brain clinic dr didn't seem surprised that they were of no help.
KnockedOutMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (12-02-2014)