View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

msnyder,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Nobody can give you a timeline for your daughter's recovery. You need to find somebody else to help with her recovery. The sports trainer should have never allowed her to pitch a ball game.

The PT appears to not be helping with her neck. Her neck can be a big part of her injury. Neck injuries happen with 80% of concussions. A good upper cervical chiropractor can help. Check out the information at the bottom of my post about vitamins and supplements http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread181974-11.html

She does not need bed rest. She needs quiet rest. That means limited stimulation, video, audio, etc. and simple activities to keep blood flowing through her brain. Knitting and/or crocheting is a good activity. Manual activities are great for gentle stimulation. You might want to request a Neuro Psychological Assessment.

You need to find a team of professionals to diagnose her. It sounds like she may need a neuro-ophthalmologist, a vestibular therapist, maybe a Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) who works with serious concussion issues. They are often affiliated with a neuro-rehabilitation hospital.

It the school uses ImPACT, they are usually connected to a Concussion Clinic. But then, her school appears to have dropped the ball.

I don't understand why you canceled the Sport Med Doctor if she failed the ImPACT. Did the trainer think her ImPACT score was too high to justify the Sport's med Doc ? Please help us understand.

btw, Please put a double paragraph space very 5 lines. Many of us struggle to follow from line to line when the paragraphs get long.

My best to you both.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote