View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Callahan

I remember having the anxiety also, but when I hooked up with all these wonderful people here, it really helped. Just know you aren't alone in this and strive for the good possibility of pain relief.

I too have perc leads. The main thing to stress with percutaneous leads is that there is a much higher possibility of lead migration as opposed to paddles.
But as long as you mind the post op rules, such as what Pamela mentioned - "BLAST" (no Bending,Lifting,Stretching,Twisting) then your leads will stand a much better chance of staying secured.

As Wingy says, the post op pain was mainly the incision pain, which only lasts a few days. Ice is good relief.
As far as getting good coverage of stimulation, it's vital that you communicate very well to Dr & Rep in the operating room while the leads are being placed.
Even if your stimulation seems to be 'off' a bit, a few tweak sessions are common before getting it right on.

In the top section of this forum you'll find some good information regarding FAQ's and pre-op suggestions, etc. You're sure to have many questions and there are many helpful peeps here

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote