View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post OP pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
Hi all, as it gets closer to my implant date, I am having a lot of anxiety about post op pain control. I build up a tolerance to meds quick. I am having percutaneous leads placed not paddle leads. Would you mind please sharing your experiences after implant? When did you start feeling better after surgery? Thanks in advance for letting me know your journey.
I am on my 3rd SCS unit and my second set of percutaneous leads.. Long long stories. Surgical pain is MUCH different then most of our chronic pain, My worst "ouches" have always been the surgical incisions. I no longer ALLOW staples to be used on my body,, they tend to poke when you move and I feel I have enough pain without being stabbed by my tissue closure devices My doc fusses but does acknowledge that it is MY body he is working on, he basically knows that nurses as pts are not terribly fun to deal with but if you humor them life is better for all. My current unit battery end of life is coming up next August so I will be once again become his problem child that needs humoring
psalms 91:11
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (12-02-2014)