View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

In my opinion, I'd avoid anything that trainer says. It appears he is clueless. An MRI does not sound indicated.

It sounds like maybe they use the sports doc to determine return to play after the athlete has passed ImPACT. The ImPACT protocol requires a doctors clearance after the ImPACT clearance. There is no reason to avoid the doctor prior to ImPact clearance. It sounds like this sports doctor may just be a rubber stamp after the ImPACT pass. Unfortunately, ImPACT has a poor reputation for determining when an athlete is truly ready for a safe return to play. It value is for keeping the athlete off the field.

She is only 2 months post injury so she has plenty of time to heal. Plus, she needs proper treatment for her neck. An untreated neck injury can make the rest of her recovery last much longer. Research shows that 80% of concussions include a neck injury with many of the concussion symptoms being directly caused by the neck injury.

As packersrule reiterated, she needs a comprehensive program for recovery. Don't let her school hamper her access to good and proper care.

I doubt the sports doc will be a good source of that care.

We're here for you. Please keep in touch.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote