View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 01:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepolkadots View Post

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's hard, confusing and scary. If you don't see anything on the MRI's or CT scans, don't give up hope. Brain bumps are real and most times not seen on MRI's etc.

You may have trouble word finding, keeping track of what you're saying as you're saying it, spelling, doing easy math etc. but notice if there are improvements and if it's worse if you're fatigued. Tell all that to your doc and they can help you recover and get back to work.

Rest, patience, and no stress are the only ways to recover. So take inventory of what is a priority and if getting healthy is the main priority, then take some time for you to heal.

Welcome to the 'brain boo boo' club, where we can all heal together!
Thank you very much ilikepolkadots,

What an overwhelming experience all of this can be. The symptoms you mentioned are things I experience plus some, and they're so annoying! It is really irritating that I've been making mistakes when trying to help my second grader with his math! Seriously?!

My symptoms definitely increase when I am fatigued or overstimulated. I missed a whole chunk of what my MIL was saying to me in the midst of a too busy room during Thanksgiving. I saw her mouth moving but my brain was just not processing fast enough to comprehend. It was really disconcerting.

Anyway, since my first freakout post my employer has been very accommodating and I have acknowledged that will not be back in my classroom for a while yet. I am not ready. They are encouraging me to take baby steps in taking on work responsibilities and asking me to be honest about when I'm overwhelmed or I've done too much.

This week I've started working a little from home planning lessons. It's been good for me mentally (for the most) part so far, but also pretty exhausting. I had to admit to my mentor teacher today that I was not going to accomplish all I had set out to do after I hit a wall and my brain definitely was telling me I needed to take a break. That was really difficult to admit but I had to remind myself that even a few weeks ago just thinking about reading my emails was too much!

Forward movement is good, even if it's at a snail's pace.
SweetC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote