View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

During the endoscopy, there is a clear visual of the sinus as it relates to other anatomical structures including the oral cavity. So this is an ideal way for him to clinically visualize what he is seeing on the ct scan. He would then debride the sinus of whatever he can to open up the view even more. If the fistula is related to the sinus, yes, he should be able to see that.

Depending on what the ENT finds, will determine what the next step is. If you do have a sinus and oral communication, and it appears that you do, and you only repair one aspect of that, then you will continue to have the problem.

So if the ENT does his thing and clears our the sinus but the fistula still remains in the oral cavity, that's only half of the problem and the sinus will eventually become infected again. If the OS clears out the oral fistula but does not clear out the infected sinus, that's not good either.

Keep forging ahead and make sure that each doctor knows about the others diagnosis and recommendations. They need to communicate with each other, that is imperative.

Keep us posted...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
I just don't get how cleaning my sinuses through the endoscopy will fix the sinus? If I do have a fistula, will they be able to see it?

I have an appointment with an oral surgeon the 17th of December. I have not been able to show a recording of the pus coming out to an oral surgeon yet because all the other times I went to one I didn't have one. It was only when I started to get frustrated that they were saying it wasn't coming from my gum that I decided to record it. Hopefully when I take the recording to this oral surgeon it will change their approach to the problem, which has been nonchalant.

In addition to that, I plan to ask him if the endoscopy is good way to proceed with the problem if he comes up with no solutions.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote