View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 01:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sensitive tooth after extraction impacted wisdom tooth

Hi Bryanna,

While searching for an answer to my questions, I stumbled upon this website & found your posts to be really detailed & insightful.
I hope you can help me.
About two months ago I had 2 impacted lower wisdom teeth removed under general anesthesia. I experienced a lot of pain the first few weeks after surgery.
Fortunately, things are a lot better now. However, I still have some pain on the right side (surgeon said that the tooth on this side was the most difficult one to remove). The gums are still sore & especially the adjacent second molar is playing up.
It's sensitive to touch. I have no problems with hot or cold foods/drinks. Breathing in cold air can be a litte sensitive, but nothing too serious.
The thing that bothers me most is the fact that chewing is sensitive. It's not like a sharp or excrutiating pain, but still sensitive. Even when I touch the entire tooth with my fingernail it feels sensitive.
Is all of this normal? Even 2 months after surgery?

I'm a little worried because everytime I try to look something up on google, I read about "cracked tooth syndrome" & stuff like that. However, I find that the tooth in question never caused problems before. It has a small filling, but that's it. It never had a root canal or anything else.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Frederique
Frederique1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote