View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Confused what to do...

Hey everyone...
I find myself here because I can't seem to figure out what to do, where to go or how to "fix" this. 6 months ago I had double axillary excision where both of my armpits were cut out basucally due to hidradenitis suppurativa. Do yourself a favor and do not google it. My case was NOT what you see if you do. Rather, I had reocurring golfball size cysts that became debilitating. So I had the surgery and immediately upon coming to I knew something was up with my left arm. Excrutiating pain and numbness. My right arm healed perfectly. Fast forward to now and I am so miserable. After about a month of prescribing oxycodone, my surgeon said he was done with me and there was nothing more he could do. I then started seeing my GP who prescribed 1 5 mg hydrocodone every 6 hours and sent me on way. Well guess what... I had to take 2, sometimes 3 to get any pain relief. I tried neurontin and threw up. My Dr made me feel so low... he basically scolded me like a child for taking 2 pills instead of 1 (i am 31 yrs old and have never even held a cigarette and dont drink). He sent me to a physiatrist who sent me to physical therapy. After a month of crying at PT I decided it wasnt worth the pain. Currently i am waiting to see if a pain management center will take my referral (one place rejected me). My dr actually told me he used to be an ER dr amd people faked injuries for pain meds. Really?! Do you see this gigantic scar?! : / I am so upset and feel like doctors think I am a drug seeking lunatic. It doesn't feel fair. How do i proceed? What do I do?
Sincerely...
HoldOnToHope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote