Thread: MG - my journey
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 04:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Annie! And thank you for your answer!

Perhaps itīs just because I live in the country of the SFEMG-man that the doctors are so totally convinced that you have to had a positive test, otherwise itīs not MG

The first neurologic I meet did fatiguing test and notice weekness both in my left eye, in the legs/hips, arms/shoulders, neck. I could hardly walk out from the doctor on my own. My head just droop on the side. I lost my breath.

My doublevision do go away then I close one eye. I have mild ptosis, often in my left eyelid, and it comes and goes. Sometimes I even have weakness around my mouth. It feels a bit like a anesthesia. Very strange and it can make my salivary to run a bit or it can feels hard to talk.

And yes all my symptoms do fluctuate.

They did something called PEF here in Sweden. I blow three times in a little flute and then they could see my diaphragma get weaker for every time.

This doctor was convinced I have MG, but then the test came back negative and everyone just change their minds. CMS or LEMS havenīt they even mentioned, but I know it exist.

They have taken my bloodtest twice and even the SFEMG. The second time I had increased jitter and blocking in 2 out of 21 fiberpair. But they said it was normal.

They have check my O2 at some point, it was ok around 96. Only the pulse was 130. But they always think itīs anxiety.

My symptoms started around august last year. I first went throw a long period of low fever and lot of infections around 2011/12 and then I was not my self. I was so tired. Also have some problem with my eyes. It was often foggy. Then the weakness just came, in my legs. At first it went away again for two months, but then it begin in my hands and arms and the legs again. I have always walk a lot, and sudden I just couldnīt. My legs became heavy and stop working. My balance became bad.

I have order out all my journals and just now I am waiting for the last one to come.

/Mari
Moortje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote