View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 10:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Hi Callahan, I'm like Wingy, I have percutaneous leads, my first procedure December last year he struggled to put 2 leads in and they kept me in hospital for 4 days, I had very little pain tbh. I had a revision of the lead this year in September and it was repositioned and the 2nd lead finally threaded. I was incredulous at how much it hurt. BUT, the pain was worse because they had to do a fair amount of cutting and tugging due to the first lead not having been in the right place.
By coincidence they could only get one lead into me due to bone and scarring being in the way from previous operations, however, that one lead has tilted a little to the right and no longer covers my left side.

Still no worries, they have said they may have a go at popping another lead in on the left and plugging it into the spare port on my Nevro to give me some coverage on that side, think they may have to do a bit of cutting and grinding to get it in though.

I had staples last time in three places; at the unit, on my back and a couple on my side, I assume this incision was to facilitate them getting the lead from my back to the unit on the front, anyway, having the staples taken out of my back and at the unit were no problem but the couple on my side stung a bit... made me whimper

I see Starbucks have started installing mobile phone near field chargers in some of their outlets, wonder if I lay across the table I can top up my Nevro

Wingy
Wingy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (12-06-2014)