15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I am happy that you experienced time with your friends
and being "back."
Thanks. It really was phenomenal.

Quote:
Good luck settling into your regular "home."
Yeah... working on that. Showered and hair washed, now. Feeling a little better that way. My parents had a medical appointment so I made them a quickdinner too. I cannot eat. My mother will wash up.

I smoked so much I think I set myself back all the way and then some on my gastro problem. ACK! I went about 30 hours eating almost nothing (got exactly 3 almonds down before I gave up on the idea).

Quote:
I am curious how the time change works.
If someone is a "night owl," does it work out best for them to travel the earth
East to West and be a little bit in sync with the sleep habits of the locals?
I find the time change easier East to West, yes. Probably even if one is not a night owl, that might be true.

In my case, the travel was harder East to West but that's entirely route-dependent. I had to go through security twice, and pick up and recheck my bags between flights, which was physically strenuous. (I pulled a muscle in my back/hip/side). Then, one must wait 6 extra hours past their bed time before it's actually bed time. But one can always go to bed "early" on the first few nights. It did work out for me I was going to bed around midnight i.e., 6am "my" time, at first. I didn't have jetlag, in that sense, even though I was sleep deprived from missing a couple of nights sleep.

Quote:
I am guessing that going from West to East is more difficult.
(Silly Question perhaps but something I have often pondered --
both in the abstract and in the practicalities of trying to live a
life that could accommodate Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS).

Mari
Going West to East, if you get to sleep on the plane, it can work out well. Otherwise, a normal person will wind up "feeling" bedtime at say 6 am, when omg there is the whole day ahead. Being a night owl shifts it forward more, which is better, but you don't go into it rested like the person who sleeps at night.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-05-2014), Dmom3005 (12-04-2014), Lara (12-04-2014), Mari (12-05-2014)