View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
My new AOD is 3 months before my 54th birthday, the thing that worries me about Grid Rules, do I have enough going on physically to use them.
The physical impairments you list are generally considered to be manageable and would have to be incredibly severe to be accepted to prove a SSDI claim, but it's possible that your physical and mental claims in combination are enough for SS to use the Grid Rules. An attorney should be able to go through your file and determine if the Grid Rules are being used in your case.

So, if your attorney won't answer your questions, it wouldn't hurt to consult with another attorney or even a non attorney rep. If you do, you should bring a copy of your electronic file for him/her to review--I can't remember if you have it or not?

Do your physical impairments have any effect on your Activities of Daily Living? If you did not have the mental impairments, would your physical impairments have any impact on your ability to work?

I know it's often suggested to list every possible issue a person has, but if an impairment doesn't effect your ability to work, I think it can backfire with some ALJ's who might question your credibility by doing so. But I guess it's a bit late to worry about that...
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote