Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 10:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My story

Hi I was in a car accident in 2001, whip lash, took over a year to feel better. Ever since then I have had awful headaches, and the dr would always say its stress. After having my daughter in 2009, they have been considerably worse, and still the drs would tell me its all stress or migraines. I tried massage therapy for months, and it was her who finally said I don't think this has anything to do with the muscles, I think its all nerve pain, you need your dr to try you on different meds and refer you to a neuro dr. So last fall he started me on gabapentin and sent me to a neuro dr. In jan of this year I was finally properly diagnosed with Occipital neuralgia, and as nice as it is to know I am not going crazy with this pain in my head and neck, some days I just want to cry and stay in bed and not move. With a 5 year old, and a day home that I run and my own business on the side, it makes life very difficult. I am going back to my dr after xmas to see if maybe there is another medication we can try, this one works somedays and somedays not. Adivl seems to help a little, so does heat or hot showers, and that's about it. It is nice to finally know you are not alone dealing with this. People look at you and think you are fine when really you are not and it is so hard to explain to people what this feels like
Riversdoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote