View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Judi,

To add to mrs D's comments. MP can be a temporary problem that may resolve on its own or in some cases become a life-long problem. I happen to fall into the life-long category. It can also be intermittent or constant.

I have heard of many cases that were undiagnosed and/or misdiagnosed, also.

Please have your friend tell us some more about her symptoms, longevity, etc. if she is willing to share that information with us.

This condition affects ONLY the sensory nerve of the skin in the thigh region only. If any other part of her leg is affected or if there is any muscle involvement, it is not MP.

Please do not misunderstand when I say "ONLY" sensory because that can be extremely painful even though it does not affect muscles. The person is "capable" of movement but will resist certain positions like standing or walking due to the pain produced by those activities.

This condition can come and go throughout the day or become constant. Sometimes the pain can happen only occasionally for a short time and go away for weeks.

Severity and longevity vary. Treatments for MP also differ and are some times dependent upon the nature, cause. and extent of damage to the LFCN. (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve)

The good news is that many prior sufferers are no longer posting on NT as they have recovered. There are just a few of us left that continue in the life-long category.

I will be happy to discuss MP further with you or your friend if desired.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Frankie321 (08-10-2023)