View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
Lit, a little background, with my combination of problems at my last job, I was under the family medical leave act for 8 years, on average I missed 5 months of work a year, fired twice for missing days. Although conditions like mine can be controlled, people fail to realize they are still there, with the medication I'm generally left with crippling fatigue, sleepless nights, lethargic days, inability to remember things, I'm at the post it note stage. I'm always amazed, your credibility is questioned when you need help, but I worked 37 years in a row, where were the questions then.
I would not answer your questions if I didn't think you might have a legitimate claim, btw.

Are you saying those symptoms are a result of your physical impairments? They might be or they could be a result of your depression--or they could be a combination of both.

So, it's been 17 or 18 years since you worked a regular full time workload?

Here's where it gets confusing--if you're claiming a mental impairment, you were able to work the first (approximately) 20 years without an issue. If you were in an accident or had an illness, that would make sense that your function declined. But you've never claimed that, you've just mentioned getting older. (Not that you have or need to reveal your entire medical history online, btw. But, this is why an attorney that has access to your whole file is in a better position to accurately answer your questions.) SS will want to know what changed in your early 40's?

If you played football, were a boxer, or had a brain injury or injuries when you were young, or developed early Alzheimers, (or perhaps you have an undiagnosed disorder that has led to a decrease in cognitive function) than you need to have a Neuropsych evaluation.

Or, was severe depression the main reason for you missing work? That one issue is certainly enough to qualify by. An ALJ will want to see weekly psych appointments and that you've followed all instructions such as taking meds if prescribed.

Since your current Alleged Onset Date is not connected to a significant birthdate, it would sense that there is new medical documentation from that date. Did you perhaps begin seeing a therapist more consistently at that time?

Not that it matters, but you've previously said you started your job in 1979. And I believe you stopped in 2006? That would make it 27 years, not 37 years.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote