View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
Lit, it started out as Seasonal Affective Disorder, once the type 2 diabetes kicked in, things got progressively worst. I forgot to mention, in June I had cataract surgery as a result of diabetes, my other eye is developing same problem. 2009 was the time I began to see physchiatrist. 2010 I picked up hypertension. At 59, I'm picking up something new every other year. Have you ever heard of Jeffrey Delott?
Well than that's probably why your attorney amended your Alleged Onset Date, it's around when you started seeing your psychiatrist. It might have even coincided with a particular report.

If you had cataract surgery this June, that is many years after your Alleged Onset Date, so I don't know if that will have any effect on your claim.

People's health does tend to decline when they get older, especially when they're overweight. Issues like type II diabetes rarely effect a person's ability to work though. Even something like cataracts are not necessarily career ending nowadays due to advances in surgical techniques, like they would have been in the past.

Are you still driving?

Jeffrey Delott the attorney? No, I just did a google search. I'm in California. Maybe start a thread here and on SSDfacts with the title "Referral request for NY attorney."

You may have had a serious cognitive issue your entire life, but if it didn't impact your ability to work previously, you'll not likely be approved for SSDI for it now. If your cognitive issues developed when you were in your 50's, it's very likely you'll need a diagnosis for it to be seriously considered at this point, since the validity of your iq test was questioned.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote