View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 06:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
Thanks Hopeless. She is someone from a COPD forum, I hope she comes. I think she said she got it during pulmonary rehab riding a stationary bike. It seems like it has been going on awhile and if I remember correctly the pain is on the outside of her thigh. They just started her on Gabapentin. I should probably wait and let her post, that's all I know anyway.

You guys know everything about nerve stuff.

judi
Hi Judi,

Thanks for the response. It sure does sound like MP. Riding the bike could certainly be the aggravating factor of the LFCN and Gabapentin is often a treatment offered. Also, the location of the pain is definitely the area for MP.

Whether your friend decides to post on the MP forum of NT or not, please be sure to extend my best wishes to her for a speedy recovery or remission from the pain of MP.

In my opinion, since it appears the bike is what irritated the LFCN, there is a good possibility that avoidance of that activity combined with some time for the nerve to calm down from the irritation, she may have a spontaneous resolution. In some cases, physical therapy is beneficial but in other cases PT may further aggravate the nerve.

Many times various treatment modalities are attempted to find what will work for a particular case of MP.

Thanks for contacting us. Wishing your friend a spontaneous resolution.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zygopetalum (12-07-2014)