View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This person is also a candidate for trochanteric bursitis...which is often treated with a steroid injection.

If NSAIDs or aspirin make the issue better, it may be that and not really MP.

Upright bicycles also place strain and compression in the seat area, and can lead to all sorts of pelvic generated pain.

The lateral femoral nerve does not go down the buttocks to get compressed. It goes thru the abdomen. But the sciatic nerve does go thru those muscles in the buttocks.

The pain of MP is usually shooting and stabbing and can vary from numbness (in between stabs), to searing pain if a lightning shot stab persists. If there is no numbness at all in the front of the thigh, and only pain along the sides, I'd get evaluated for trochanteric bursitis. My MP did not present down the side....it was all in front with the worst pain in FRONT and only a bit
reaching the side. Prior to the worst of it, it began with a sensation of water running down my leg. The severe pain developed later, and the water sensation stopped and was replaced by numbness. Today the numbness is not really there but occasionally I do get a bit of it. This is a warning to me to avoid heat stimulation of any kind.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zygopetalum (12-07-2014)