View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Howdyyyy!

Still here, still on Tysabri, still doing well, no problems, no concerns healthwise, still JCV -, still only missed one infusion since May 25, 2007.

Don't know how many I am at now but it sure has gone up in cost since I started. I lost my excellent insurance, got a plan with higher deductible and copays and then got wrapped around a helical shaft and turned, with a deductible of $2500.00 and a copay of $7500.00 and higher copays on scrips. I am considering my options right now because I cannot afford that and still have a life, even with working with the hospital on payments.

My employer thinks that is affordable because they DID reduce my copay down to where they can't get nailed for charging so much we have to go on the ACA. There's also no help from Medicaid since our governor (who shall not be named by what I call him since it will get me tossed out) refused the Medicaid funding.

Where that leaves me is at the "I don't know" stage. I've reviewed my options and I STILL haven't made a decision. For me, the original Pro/con listmaker who could always decide when presented with all the options and evidence needed, it's a weird place to be. It involves many changes, leaving a job that I have loved for years, maybe leaving my home, maybe early retirement, maybe changing treatment, maybe just staying where I am until I just cannot take it anymore and then deciding. At this point, I've decided to continue in my limbo until after the new year because tax wise it gives me more options and time to decide.

So, here I am.
Hope you are all well and having a healthy start to the holiday season.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (12-06-2014), Natalie8 (12-13-2014), SallyC (12-06-2014)