View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 02:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm currently prescribed Olanzapine, Prozac, and Lithium.

Would the Neuro-Psych evaluation be able to differentiate cognitive impairments caused by the mood disorder from possible concussion symptoms? I've had bouts of depression before any of my head injuries, so I know my disorder isn't solely caused by the concussions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the majority of people who suffer from concussions are eventually cleared of their symptoms. My mother has had many concussions, and has never developed PCS. My sister's been knocked out three times, and has also never dealt with the symptoms for more than a week. My brother had 2 severe concussions and never had any long-term issues. I've also read online that the "vast majority" of PCS cases clear up.

I'm trying to find objective proof as to whether or not any of my symptoms are related to PCS, or at least as close to "objective" as I can get. I never have headaches/dizziness/vertigo, just problems with concentration and brain fog, which could very well be caused by the depression itself (and the ADHD). Could anyone speculate?

Edit: I can also exert myself without any issues. I've worked out since my last concussion on many occasions, and I have no problems staring at a TV/computer screen for hours.

Last edited by Terowyn; 12-06-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Terowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote