View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk Lesion causes double vision.

Hi to all from Sunny England!
I have been disabled by accident (crushed vertebrae etc) and neurological hypersensitivity, numbness and degeneration for 24 years. To cope I have to take Tramadol, morphine, ketamine and Topiramate for chronic cluster headaches every day. I have infusions of Lidocaine 4-weekly.
14 months ago, whilst driving, I suddenly developed double vision which scared the hell out of me - everything was suddenly on my side of the road. The wheels of the Health Service can drag over here and it was just last month I was told the double vision is caused by a lesion running right through the middle of the occipital area of my brain. As such, this is a permanent state, worse at distance, when moving and at low light.
As an aside they also found a fair sized arachnoid cyst at the base of my brain.
For the double vision, eye patches or fogged-out lenses don't help as eye dominance switches and my brain doesn't seem to cope.
Basically, what I'm asking is if anyone else has had any neorological issues causing vision problems, and how they coped. All I had in my life was the little bit of freedom I had in my car and my photography, both have now gone.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-07-2014)