View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

I've been researching online for like an hour now, idk why I never did it before (i was a mere 18 year-old then i suppose...).

I know the feeling having ppl doubt your condition (this is basically the story of my life :/). I've met countless doctors over the years, some of the most informative and influential docs I've met with are Dr. Lee at Seattle Children's (for pain management), Dr Elliot Krane is a pure genius about EM too. I went to this pain management program at LPCH (Lucille Packard Children's Hospital) a little over a year ago, and they did a lot to help. It was pretty intense: all day every week day, PT, OT, Psych, and of course school at the hospital. You learn a lot about PT you can do once you get home, how to go about life (cooking, cleaning, etc), and everything else you can think of. It really helped, I just need to make sure I keep up with the PT exercises on my own... .

But aaanyways, I've been having really bad, sporadic spasms recently. Some days I wont have any, then for hours another day, they're practically endless, It makes it so I can't focus on a thing! Idk if it's muscle spasms, nerve spasms, or some other thing. I just know it hurts like a *****. I have noticed they stat if one of my feet (in my toes usually) are really cold; i wrap it in a sock or a warm towel to help, but i usually son't catch it before it escalates. Hopefully I'm not alone in this. After reading all of your guys' posts, I'm gonna give Magnesium a shot.

I find it really hard to do exercise normally. I'm limited to non weight-bearing things like lifting weights while seated, crunch/planks; that sort of thing, and mainly swimming. I can do this cause the water feel good on my feet, and it's non weight bearing.

Oh! and one more thing: On here some people mentioned how they have a mix of EM pain and nerve numbness. There's a crazy place in Bellevue, WA called Bellevue Health Center I think or something like that, where they use these red lights to help with the redness and numbness of you have any. It's pretty expensive so I could go for very long, but I WAS slowly seeing results over the maybe month and a half I was there (twice a week).

~Kelsey
larson_kelseym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-07-2014)