View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 12:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can't Find the Right Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyKay View Post
Did you find a rheumatologist? Any new findings or treatments? I have had to quit work due to balance and hand tremor problems. Fatigue and muscle weakness come and go. May get another round of rituxan and a new chemo (can't remember name) if insurance will alow. Hope you are doing better!
Didn't mean to take so long to answer NancyKay. Been busy with shoulder surgery, PT, pain clinic visits, applying for SSDI, etc. etc. I hope you are doing well as you can. My visit to the rheumy at Vanderbilt last spring was very disappointing. Nice guy and all but he wanted to blame ALL of my symptoms on fibro. Totally disregarded any previous test results. I give up on finding a Rheumatologist for myself, but found one for my son who is treating him for pain due to some kind of connective tissue problem.

I did get referred to another local Neurologist for arm pain. I'll take the anti-MAG and other previous test results, but I expect he'll just blow all that off like everyone else has so far. Guess I'm resigned to living with getting gradually worse. I don't have the energy or fortitude to keep looking for a doctor that knows about anti-MAG and/or is interested in investigating.

I hope you were able to get insurance to cover your treatments and that they have helped you feel better.
lmba214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote