Thread: Head Pressure
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
Amber,
I am sorry, I have not been paying attention to this site for a bit. You sound as though you really are in the thick of PCS. Seeing a nuerologist who specializes more in concussions might be O.K and take worry away. The worry can make you worse. Go to an E.R. and ask for a neurology consult first before MRI and CT scan, so you do not have to pay for those. You really need the neurology consult to see if they think it is neccessary. This is a very difficuly syndrome to ride out by yourself. Time will tame down alot of the symptoms and rest. My son is 4 months out and much much better, doing schoolwork etc. He is not 100% but perhaps 85% and has room for improvement. He does not multitask too well now I've noticed. I cannot put too much on his plate, he gets overwhelmed easily, more personality issues like that lately. Stay in touch with this site. Take care
Nancy
Hi Nancy,
just read your reply and thought I would mention not to expect too much from your son ie. to reach 100% again. Apparently very, very few TBIers ever reach 100% again. My TBI was 17 yrs ago (at the age of 13) and though I continued to progress through school and university I still would not say I am 100%. What I personally struggle with most is that others don't realise the extra effort that I have to put in to achieve what I do.
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just not wanting your son to feel like is expected to reach 100% again (in any time frame).
Best of luck and keep up the hard work of being a TBI survivor carer.

Nigel.
NigelHughes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote