View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=DogtorJ;110018]
Now, on that lack of drive or motivation to do the diet.... Is it because you do not believe it will help, that you think it would be too hard to do, or that you are simply not interested in the concept? The diet is very logical from every angle from which we approach it.

Well, it's hard to explain, but a combo of the above, lol.

I have a lot more wrong with me than "just" epilepsy. I have rsd/crpsII, due to a surgical screw-up and a minor electrocution... that's been going on for 14 years now, a very long time to be in constant pain.

Then there's the AIDS. That's the one people think is the worst, of course (Due to pain issues, I'd rather have aids than rsd). I am not on the meds I should be on, because they all cause horrible muscle/nerve aches, which exacerbate the rsd/crps more than I can handle. It's great not treating one disease because of what it does to the symptoms of another, I tell you what. I have a great choice to make... die quicker w/o the aids meds, or live longer in excruciating pain. Hmmmm

What's even worse is the aids meds dosages. Michael, my man, is 5'11" and 235 lbs... I am 5'0" and weigh a whopping 90 lbs. Yet, they give us BOTH the exact same dosages of aids meds. They will NOT give me kids meds (more expensive, I gather), nor will they allow pills for adults to be cut in half. So, that leaves me with just one alternative: to take none.

I basically live on Boost, which I doubt very seriously meets the needs of your diet, lol. Most of the rest of my food comes out of boxes these days, yuckos, except when Michael feels like cooking. He's got aids and hepC, too. However, he is a french chef.... and couldn't begin to cook w/o all those ingredients you want us to avoid. It already takes me long enough grocery shopping, having to make sure everything I buy is msg-free. Michael is allergic to it, causes him days-long migraines. Now that I have had no msg in my diet for so long, I can't tolerate it either.

So, there are my reasons for not adopting your diet. While it may be the greatest thing ever, it is definitely not for me. When you figure out how to box it and ship it, let me know, lol! Of course, then I wouldn't be able to afford it, nor would my insurance cover it. Another Hmmmm.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote