View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Flinstone vitamins were the culprit!!

Hi, I hope this will help someone reading. My daughter abruptly started with tics at 7 years old. It seemed to literally happen overnight and the symptoms advanced pretty quickly. At first it was some eye twitching, then neck and head movements, then the face muscles--be it eyebrow frowning, nose twitching, etc., then she started moving her fingers in a weird way. Needless to say my husband and I were dismayed and downright sad! I felt helpless and nobody had any answers or treatment options! Her doctor told me to monitor her for a year!! No way did I want to watch my bright little girl go through this for an entire year without being proactive in doing SOMETHING to help her. I started reading about artificial colors and dyes like Red #40 and yellow #5 being triggers for tics and Tourette's. I would literally think about this stuff in the middle of the night trying to figure out what we had done different that could have caused this. It dawned on me that the only change was about 3 weeks prior to her first tic we switched her to Flinstone vitamins. So I eliminated them and monitored her. 2-3 weeks later the tics stopped completely. Just as abruptly as they appeared they went away 100%. That is the only change to her diet that I can associate with the tic time frame. We added Flinstone vitamins...3 Weeks later she has tics. We remove them, 2-3 weeks later tics stop. It has been 7 months and not one tic. I hope this helps someone who might be as desperate as we were!
HoustonMommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote