View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default appetite and pcs

As a lot of you know im 11 month into my brain injury journey. But somethings been bothering me, and im not sure why its the way it is.

When this all happened in january, I would go a few days without eating. Was told its very common with brain injuries. As time went on it did improve a little, but still not that much.

Around may-july all I craved was sugar. That was it, just anything with sugar in it. Weird.

Well now its December. I eat once a day, and even then its not much. Im 6 feet and was 235 lbs, and worked out daily, so trust me, I ate A LOT of food before this happened. Thing is, now im barely eating. No appetite at all.

Ive brought this up to the dr in the past few months, and he said its depression. Bull crap, im not depressed buddy. Ive been depressed, I know what its like, and you have no warrant to say that based on just not wanting to eat alone. Heck, my neuropsych says im not even close to depressed. Everytime I ask, he just says that.

The new neurologist im seeing says she has no clue, but maybe its because of all the meds ive been on, and the fact that im not really physically active anymore. Ok, thats a start I guess, but I still dont buy it. I literally force myself to eat dinner now adays. I could still go for days not eating if I desired, and I have, but I want to know why, or maybe why?!
Anyone know why this happens with brain injuries? When will it return to normal? Going back to doctor soon, so trying to compile a list of stuff to ask, again.....
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote