Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 02:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have MS, but I did have a lot of head injuries as a child. Kids in school bullied me, and they always seemed to aim for my head for some reason. Got knocked out several times in school.

Fell down skating once, gave myself a pretty bad concussion AND whiplash. That was bad.

Got hit in the head with the flat end of a hammer. (friend was digging in the dirt in front of me with the claw part of the hammer. Handle broke, hammer went flying towards my head. Flat part hit me)

No idea if the repeated whacks to the head contributed to me getting MS, but my dad and I were talking about head injuries and MS symptoms the other day. He said he wished that he'd realized that the kids in school were hitting me as often as they did. He's a retired nurse, and we both know the damage a head injury can cause. (my mom survived a contra-coup concussion when she was a teenager. She's got issues now because of it)

I wouldn't be surprised if the whacks to the head contributed to the MS. But, I'll probably never know, because they can't exactly cut into my head while I'm alive to see if they can tell if it's from damage from a head injury. I have an idea that the head injuries didn't help me any. (I'm going with the theory that MS is caused by more than one thing. viruses/infections/head injuries, a combination of more than one thing)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote