View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Judy and MSbelle,

The answer I give varies. It depends on the question and how it's asked.

If it's an adult and they're rude I usually just say "I have MS and it makes everything more difficult for me" and walk away. If it's a child I tell them I have Multiple Sclerosis and nothing more unless they ask. Usually a parent or adult is around and I make sure it's alright to explain. If it's another person who is disabled or also using a cane or walker I don't mind discussing my disability.

It's always a different situation so my response varies. Sometimes it's hard to be polite but I don't want to give them more to talk about!

People are generally nice and usually just curious but I do wish they'd save their "I've got a friend with" stories for someone else.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (12-10-2014), MSbelle (12-08-2014), NurseNancy (12-10-2014), SallyC (12-08-2014)