View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
In 2012 I finally admitted to my GP that I was so depressed from fighting chronic pain for over 20 years, cluster headaches for 20, coronary ischaemia for 6 and multiple other physical and mental health issues that I was on the verge of ending it.
He sent me to a counsellor who helped keep me going - somewhat - until 8 May 2013. At 8am on that day I was told I had diabetes. 2 hours later I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. Devastated, I called my counsellor for support and he told me he wasn't equipped to offer that level of support. Months of trust and treatment went down the drain.
The next call I made changed everything. It was to my daughter to tell her my test results but she had the most wonderful news of her own - she was expecting, and I had a reason to fight on.
Yesterday (8th) I was taken out for the first time in months to my Granddaughter's first birthday party!
No matter how bad things get, something great may be just around the corne
Congratulations on being a grandpa.
I agree with you, the way to keep going is to look beyond our suffering. We have to find external reasons to keep up the fight. There are a lot of great things happening out there. As bunged up as I am, I know that there are people who need me.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (12-17-2014), ger715 (12-16-2014)