Thread: Pain Management
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pain Management

Pain... who has it and what is your best remedy?

I need help to determine what I might do next. Please keep in mind that I work in an sensitive industry and I cannot take most drugs for the symptoms of PD.

I am recently diagnosed, 48. I currently take 2 25/100 Sinemet tabs, three times per day. This works well for most of my symptoms except that it does not do much for pain. I have shoulder pain/back/arm pain, from the stiffness/contraction of PD. I can only take Sinemet (cannot take agonists) and still will have to prove in the workplace that I am ready and able to return (big if!)

Cymbalta was first mentioned from my Doc... wow, nice side effects on that one! Who is on it and what is your experience? He suggested that it should work on pain and depression since it is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Guess what... I can't take it!

He also mentioned that Celexa (this is one I can take!) as an option that works on serotonin but also would work indirectly on pain... I'm not sure that I buy that one. I get the depression aspect but pain? Anyone comment on this drug?

Cannabis... obviously I can't do this one (yet) but it seems with it's side effects (buzz, munchies, red eyes)... I can live with these! Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks.
OlliePop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote