Thread: Pain Management
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 05:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliePop View Post
Pain... who has it and what is your best remedy?

I need help to determine what I might do next. Please keep in mind that I work in an sensitive industry and I cannot take most drugs for the symptoms of PD.

I am recently diagnosed, 48. I currently take 2 25/100 Sinemet tabs, three times per day. This works well for most of my symptoms except that it does not do much for pain. I have shoulder pain/back/arm pain, from the stiffness/contraction of PD. I can only take Sinemet (cannot take agonists) and still will have to prove in the workplace that I am ready and able to return (big if!)

Cymbalta was first mentioned from my Doc... wow, nice side effects on that
one! Who is on it and what is your experience? He suggested that it should work on pain and depression since it is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Guess what... I can't take i

He also mentioned that Celexa (this is one I can take!) as an option that works on serotonin but also would work indirectly on pain... I'm not sure that I buy that one. I get the depression aspect but pain? Anyone comment on this drug

Cannabis... obviously I can't do this one (yet) but it seems with it's side effects (buzz, munchies, red eyes)... I can live with these! Anyone have experience
with it?

Thanks.
Hi Ollie and welcome,
The pain could be from one of the Parkinson's symptoms dystonia.
You take 200mg Sinemet 3 x daily.
Perhaps try spreading the same daily dosage over a longer stretch in the day so instead of say 6am midday and 6pm try 6am 9am midday 3pm 6pm 9pm 100 mg each dose.
You're still on same amount that neuro prescribed but not such a big hit each time.
Itt should help give you a smoother more consistent dosage maintained throughout your day.

Sorry can't help re other drugs you mention.

throughout the day and it might help.

Last edited by Jomar; 12-09-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote