View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

ProAgonist,

You need to understand that the brain never heals 100% from a concussion. It may heal to a perceived 100% during times of no stress but stress will often cause a re-occurrence of some symptoms. You will always have a brain with a lower threshold for trauma. Each concussion reduces that threshold.

Worrying about your healing is the biggest way to limit that healing. Accepting the fact that you have injured your brain and need to just move on will help you reduce your anxiety. Accept the fact that your risk of Second Impact Syndrome is zero or almost zero. Your reducing head aches means your brain is regaining control. At this point, your risk is simply the risk of getting another concussion like anybody else on the street. Anxiety can cause one to lose focus on day to day activities and movements thus increasing the risk of an accident.

There are vitamin regimens that help many of us to increase our brain's tolerance for stress. The sticky at the top called Vitamins has the regimen I recommend. look at the Nov 10th? post, number 100 or so. It has an updated regimen.

OCD behaviors are often linked to serotonin issues. You might benefit from L-Tryptophan or a careful dose of 5-HTP to carefully increase your serotonin levels. I get stuck in repetitive thoughts but taking 100 mgs of 5-HTP every morning has made a big difference.

Are you taking any meds for your OCD ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
poetrymom (12-11-2014), ProAgonist (12-16-2014)