Thread: next steps?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default just back from surgery

I'm amazed at current surgical techniques. I had a laminectomy in 2001, and was in the hospital for 2 days following. I just had revision surgery on the same level today, and it was done as outpatient (at the hospital). Surgery took an hour, and included a nerve monitoring procedure that I'm pretty sure didn't exist in 2001, a very small incision, and no stitches. Although my back hurts a bit (and I'm taking a fairly strong pain meds and muscle relaxant, I was up and walking within an hour after waking up from anesthesia, my leg pain and foot numbness is gone, and I'm home. I'll not got to work for 3 days, but after I'm off the pain meds am cleared to drive, and am not supposed to sit for too long, so will make good use of my new adjustable sit to stand desk. The exam after surgery indicated that my leg strength has returned (after unpinching the nerve at l4/l5) There's still the possibility of additional instability (I've got scoliosis, and that was a concern), that will be monitored, but I'm happy so far.

So, good luck to all of you on this board, and have a wonderful holiday season.

Kay
supernova_krose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote