View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 11:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My TOS Story so far...

Hi! I am Teeners, a 30 year old female

I was in a car accident around 2001 and was left with back pain. Insurance sent me to a Chiropractor. During the start of one of these visits, he used a machine to stimulate my left shoulder muscles so it would relax. Unfortunately, it was on too high for too long and it gave me a spasm. The spasm lasted for more than 3 days and I finally went to a GP. They gave me pain meds, muscle relaxers, and told me not to go back to Chiropractor.

I would have what this spasm repeat a couple times a year for over a decade. No big deal, the pain meds and muscle relaxers worked great every time. These spasms made my left arm and hand weak and I would lose feeling. Then in 2013 I got another one, only this spasm wouldn't go away. Then came all the tests...

I was in a lot of pain and nothing seemed to help. I was missing a lot of work and my GP didn't feel qualified to handle my pain so I started seeing a pain management dr.

I was finally diagnosed in 2014 in by Dr. Sanders (love him) with Neuro TOS and pectoral minor on my left side. We have tried PT, but it didn't help, I was however back to work full time and able to function with the pain med regime I was on. We decided to not do surgery at that point.

Now, my pain has increased and I really want to try and lessen the amount of narcotics I take. My husband just wants us to try something. I am scheduled for surgery on 2/26/15

Sorry that was so long... Eek