8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

Your story is appreciated here. But I would like you to now
do it with your lifestyle added in.

PN is caused by something. Most of the time we all have to become detectives to find that cause. It may be fixable if it can be removed.

Toxins, drugs you use, hobbies and your occupation (solvents, insecticides, etc), vaccines you have received, illnesses (viral and bacterial) you may have had.

Are there family members who have nerve problems? What is your diet like? Have you had your B12 tested?
Low magnesium levels from not eating magnesium rich foods, can cause all sorts of muscle/tendon problems. Sometimes just fixing that can do wonders.

You mention racheting more than once....do you mean like a cog wheel stiff jerky motion? Racheting does occur in Parkinson's disease. Or do you mean a clicking sound which may be tendons snapping or joint air bubbles clicking.

I assume you have had Xrays of the hips to show arthritis or joint deterioration?
Thanks for a fast reply
I work as a physical therapist, no toxins as I'm aware of in my inviroment. No drugs, but have been drinking alcohol (party) once a week for the last 17 years. No smoking.
My last vaccine was before a trip to Mexico in 2008. (hepatitt A I think)

Had a bacterial infection in a elbow at 15 which was cured with antibiotics.
Shortness of breath for a long period about 2002 which they found no reason for. This was prior to a trip abroad and a following bronchitis.

No nerve problems in my family at all. I've always had a good diet (but these days who knows what a good diet is?). Tried Paleo 6 months this year ( a doctor suspected fungus overgrowt....) my hyperesthesias became better I think. But not for sure. Now I eat mostly paleo (fish 4-5 times a week), but have the occational gluten/dairy/wine slip up.

By racheting I mean a trembling movement. No stiffness like PArkinson, no clicking. Just unable to extend my joints without them trembling. My knee would shake while going downstairs, but this have become much better!
These days the racheting only very visible while doing a exentric abduction movement in my hips. (It's a workout machine at my job )

My B12 were 357 pmol/l on 18/04/2013 now above 600 (supplements).
My magnesium were 0.87 mmol/l on the same date.
Vitamin D were 29 nmol/l. (Now higher due to supplements)
I,ve been tested for led/cadmium/mercury. All fine.
HS-CRP 0.21 mg/L

My joints hips just fine, x rays and MRI were taken when the pain was at its worst.
Scandinavianmale is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote