View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 06:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Do you use any supplements at all?

With the drinking there would be a strain on B1 specifically.

Also your B12 is not great.... you convert to pg/ml at 483.
this is a conversion chart for non conventional units(SI) to conventional units in US pg/ml.

The new low normal is considered 400 today. So you could well
do to take an activated form of B12 to see if you improve some.
This would be methylcobalamin 5000mcg/day...do this for at least 3 months and get retested and see if you are noticing any improvements. Do this on an empty stomach, as food impairs absorption which is very low to begin with.

Since you were so active your physical needs for magnesium would be large, and the alcohol use would deplete it. So a good absorbable form of magnesium either thru food choices or a chelated supplement form (not OXIDE which does not work)... may help with many of your tendon/muscle problems.
Examples of chelated are, gluconate, glycinate, citrate, taurate, malate etc. 200mg of elemental a day is 1/2 of the average intake modern people consume.
This site gives food choices:

B1 can be either Thiamine 300mg a day in divided doses, or 150mg a day of Benfotiamine if you can find it where you are.
This will help with your alcohol use, as thiamine is needed to metabolize alcohol properly. It would really be best to see if you stopped completely the alcohol and noticed changes. This might take 6mos or longer to see.

These 3 things to start based on your posts, may help your body some. You can always do more, but starting slowly with the most likely needed nutrients, is often best. You can read here about the various supplements, but you don't need them all at this time.

Did you get thyroid testing? That could prove helpful too. There are environmental pollutants that affect the thyroid metabolism.
These are new problems, and are mostly in our water and are
fire retardants. You could be absorbing them from your sofa or bedding every day! Formaldehyde is in many new buildings, and leaches into people that way.

There is a disease called polymyositis (and also dermatomyositis) that affects the proximal muscles and weakens them. That would be the thighs and upper arms.

Often finding a solution is difficult... so hang in there.
Haha...I sound like a raving drunk here...... I'm actually not A little party in the weekend was what we did. Everybody did it. But I guess some 17 years with it and training like a madman could be a bad combo.....good thing I finally got a little son & a fantastic girlfriend to make me set my priorities straight!

Thyroid tests all good.

5000 mcg a day is way more than I've been taking. I've been taking perhaps 4000 mcg a week. But my B12 has been rising.
I've been taking the OXIDE magnesium, time to order new supplements.
I've actually been taking Benfotiamine 150mg, but not daily.
I've also been taking acetyl-l carnitine, r-lipoic acid, resveratrol, alpha-lipoic acid, omega 3, and q10. I tend to forget them a lot though. I think I forget them because I'm at heart really don't think they will cure me.... But I will give it another go.

I've checked polymoisitis, but don't think it really fits.
But I've recently been checking sarcoidosis and want my doc to check into it due to my previous history of breathing issues. As far as I've read, sarcoidosis can give a spectre of nerve symptoms.

Thank you for your time and advices.

Best regards
Scandinavianmale is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote