Thread: MG
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 05:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll have an occasional beer, but prefer wine. Probably a good idea that he has cut back his consumption until he knows how his body deals with the meds. Some people will get a red flush of the face after drinking if they take mestinon. It's usually harmless. Others here can't tolerate any alcohol. Be sure to check his meds for any interactions with alcohol.

I had my thymus gland removed when I was 37. I had no choice since I also had a thymoma. A thymoma is a (usually) benign tumor that occurs in 15% of cases. I posted a link to information regarding thymomas on the "thymoma" post here. It can be an invasive surgery, but there are other methods. I had mine removed trans-sternally, the most invasive. I questioned my surgeon and he said that he preferred a "wide view".

The jury is out on whether the thymus should be removed (without thymoma). Some claim it can lead to a drug-free remission, other studies say no difference.

The "shadow" thing should be watched closely. Was the shadow found on a X-ray or a CT scan?

I'll post my IV removal story later or send it to you privately. This thread should be about Steven and not me.

Take care,

Jim
JimInMI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote