View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 12:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Post wisdom tooth extraction cyst

Hi I am having some issues in my jaw and having a very difficult time even getting an oral surgeon or any dentist to listen to me about this particular debacle due to insurance issues and referral problems, and very limited provider network in my area. There are so many things going on, but I will limit my discussion to this particular problem:

Two years ago I had a lower left molar crack open and the pulp came bulging out of my tooth. I had that tooth extracted and during the process the surgeon noticed a mass down in the gun but he could not figure it out and sent me on my way when the tooth tested negative for any malignancy. I have been able to feel the mass for two years and eventually my wisdom tooth on that side adjacent to the extracted tooth became inflamed and severe pain followed (the worst besides natural labor of my children). I had the wisdom tooth extracted November 20, 2014. Relief!!! Hallelujah!!!! Then last week I noticed that where my wisdom tooth was there is now a giant relatively soft balloon of gum sticking out. It is getting larger and larger. It isn't painful like the wisdom tooth but makes it difficult to eat still. I also noticed the mass which was down in my jaw is gone. I think it has moved into the space where the wisdom tooth once was. I well not be going back to the dentist I had to go to to get the wisdom tooth extracted, it is in the middle of a drug infested ghetto of the city of Rochester and he was not someone I would trust again, it was the ONLY place within 3 hours of my home that would take my insurance without having to wait 2 more months.

What can be done for a cyst? I cannot afford to pay out of pocket and my insurance is horrendous. In March of 2015 I can get on my employers plan with Excellus BCBS and the dentists I have talked to in my area are contracted with them. I will most likely just wait it out. Has anyone heard of a cyst like this?
JeBrooks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote