View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_diamond View Post
Hi, After two root canals (in same month 11/08, 3 weeks apart both #30 tooth on each side), I experienced muscle spasms and minor noises of the jaw when I eat. There is no joint noises when I open my mouth. I can open my mouth with 3 1/2 fingers inserted in the mouth. I went to a pain clinic and oral surgeon and they said that my X-rays were fine (no joint damage) but that I had muscular problems.

I have been taken Ibuprofen for the pain and Flexeril for muscle relaxants.
The muscles subsided for 2 weeks and then falred up again. I'm taking Flexeril again and going on soft diet.

What worries me the most is this constant buzzing/humminh/hissing in my ears that started about 5 days ago which have hindered my sleep. I went to an ENT and they said that my ears were fine.

Do I have TMD and that the noises are related to it? I'm waiting on an appliance from my prostodontist (occlusal guard), should be ready next week, he said it works identical to the MORA appliance used to relax muscles in TMD cases.
Will the noises/ear congestions resolved? Does this mean that my articular disc is displaced also? Can muscular symptoms be resolved completely?

Thanks,
Kim
Hi Kim,
it has been an while since you posted this, but I am wondering how you are doing now.. have you found what was going on with you?
I have the exactly same symptoms, including the spams muscles, and twitches on neck and shoulders . I have tmj and well, and my face has lost its fullness as well.. in only 3 months... how are you now? is your face normal again??
Thank you!!!
Drian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (12-13-2014)