View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

CWMB,

The anatomy of a tooth is the same for every single tooth. There are hundreds of microscopic canals within each tooth that contain nerve tissue. These canals are inaccessible to any instrument, disinfectant, laser, and oral or IV antibiotics. The nerve tissue that remains inside of these canals is not removed. The blood supplying these nerves inside of these canals is cut off as a result of the rc procedure which causes the nerve tissue to die and become decrepit. Bacteria takes over the dead nerve tissue rendering the tooth chronically inflamed and infected. Some but not all people will experience various degrees of pain at the onset or sometime later. Pain is most definitely not a good indicator of a tooth or oral infection because the bacteria can migrate very silently beyond the tooth or area of infection until a full blown abscess and bone loss occurs.

For example, periodontal disease which is a progressive infectious disease that not only affects the gums, bone and oral health but also causes or contributes to systemic health problems. Most often people are either unaware they have it or ignore the subtle but tell tale signs of it until it has progressed beyond the original area. Periodontal disease often occurs from a tooth infection, especially a long standing infection such as with a root canaled tooth. When the gum and bone near a root canaled tooth becomes diseased, it is referred to as a perio (gum)/endo (root canal) infection. In your case, as I explained earlier, this is most likely what happened to your upper wisdom tooth. To remove one aspect of the infection does not cure the other aspect of the infection as the bacteria continues to proliferate from the original and chronic source of infection.

A re treatment of a tooth with one, two, three or more root canals does not favorably alter the bacteria inside of those tiny canals for the reasons that I have given you. In fact, the instrumentation of the large canals causes further inflammation and injury to the entire tooth. There are also many other reasons why non vital teeth are a detriment to our oral and systemic health, but they are somewhat complicated to try and disclose here.

Dentists are taught to "retain" teeth... all teeth, good or bad. It is not done mean spiritedly, it is what they are taught. This does not mean they don't know all of the information that I have brought to you here, as they do. But in addition to being taught to "retain" teeth" they are also taught not to disclose this information to their patients unless they have no way around it because endodontics is the most lucrative form of dentistry. The literature that is written in dental publications like JADA or Dental Economics always contains instructive articles about promoting endodontics within the dental office as a way to rev up collection $$$. I am not faulting people for writing these articles, I am just giving you and others an insight into what is really going on. So that when you ask me how can this be??... how could my dentist(s) tell me to get the root canal .... or tell me to re treat the tooth for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time .... how come I'm told to "save" the tooth only to end up with the same if not a worse problem? Now you have the reasons why.

I have been in the dental field for over 3 decades.... I am well aware of what goes on and I am only one of a handful that is not shy to share this knowledge here or elsewhere.

My purpose for bringing forth the information is to inform the public of the issues that they are not being informed about so an informed decision can be made, and that is all. I respect your personal choices as only you know what is best for you.

Be well,
Bryanna

QUOTE=CWMB;1112746]So, does a retreat of a root canal absolutely never work? My pain is not near the retreated root canaled tooth. In fact, I am fairly certain that the inside pain behind the wisdom tooth is right where the pterygoid muscle is located and corresponds with my TMJ. I'm just confused as to why they would try to retreat a root canal if there is a zero percent success rate? I'm not trying to contradict your advice - I appreciate it so much. I'm just trying to determine how successful my retreat might be.[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CWMB (12-13-2014)