View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Post-concussion-like symptoms of anxiety

About a month ago I was getting something out of the back of my Subaru Outback with the hatchback up. All of a sudden I felt like I had the feeling of a concussion, with 'out of body' feeling. To my knowledge, nothing hit me in the head, and I didn't have any bumps or sore spots from having hit my head on anything, and I don't recall hitting my head on anything. Immediately after I had to coach a youth soccer game and was out of it, disoriented, etc., just couldn't get my thoughts. Since then I've been fairly anxious. Prior to that I had been having headaches, left temporal, for several years, and after the incident doctor put me on 25 mg of Atenenol for headaches, then doc upped it to 50 mg, and that made me more anxious. I stopped Atenenol about 4 days ago, and have been trying natural supplements.

The anxiousness is affecting my work, and I'm generally feeling out of it in social situations, not able to contribute/concentrate, and I worry over small matters that I didn't worry about before, and my sleep has been real off.

Does anyone have any knowledge of situations where one can have a concussion-like event without hitting your head on anything?, I feel like this anxious feeling is a result of what happened, as I didn't have it prior to that.